Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey Ladies

Recently I received yet another inadvertent e-mail to my inbox. The subject line was "Girls Night Out". The thread is below:

From: Debbie
Sent: Tue, March 29, 2011 12:02:17 PM
Subject: Girls Night Out


Hey Girls....we should try to do another girls night out. Jane has a new idea or we could go back to Broken Spoke . What do you think? Thursday??? Deb

On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Arline wrote:

I can’t go this Thursday, but I miss seeing everyone and want to get together later.

Arline


On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Lee Lee the Musical Bee wrote:

I'd love to go to girls night out, but I'm not a girl and I'm not Linda.
Please to update your address book por favor. Thanks!



And I thought that was the end of it. But it wasn't. The person who the mails were intended for then chimed in:




On Mar 29, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Linda wrote:

Shoot! I'll be out if town. Thanks for thinking if me.
Linda


On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Amalia wrote:


Debbie,

So nice to hear from you. I would love to go, just let me know where.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Amalia




Now fully aware that the ladies hadn't heard my request to take me off the thread, I tried a different angle:


On Mar 29, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Lee Lee the Musical Bee wrote:

Can we go here (*LLMB note: Hooters home page link) for Girls Night Out?



On Mar 29, 2011, at 5:47 PM, Linda wrote:

Ha, ha! That's good.

Girls. We need to remove that poor guy from this thread, ASAP.

Although, he sounds like fun!



And they proceeded to take me off the list, but Linda was kind enough to let me know that the link didn't offend anyone:


From: Linda
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:52 PM
To: Elizabeth; Laura, Katie
Subject: Fwd: Girls Night Out



Here it is. Click on the "click" below. Funny as Hell.


From: Elizabeth
Date: March 29, 2011 5:55:29 PM
Subject: RE: Girls Night Out


That is hilarious. This is the only thing I've laughed about today -- this guy is the shit. I am going to start copying him on my emails.


And there it is. My attempt at averting inadvertent e-mails is averted.

No comments: